Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
    Ex-Einsteiger Avatar von Sonic0207

Standard Turnfinn Dr.Super Evil

Hallo

Frage an die Riggerfahrer....speziell an die Dr.Super Evil Fahrer

Wie und wo habt ihr euren Turnfinn befestigt.....wäre für Tipps und Fotos dankbar

Gruß Berti

Registrierter User

Standard

Hi Sonic, I am also building the Dr super evil and would like to know this information. I have a few questions if you can help. What is the distance between your swimmers? Is your driveshaft on the center line or off to one side? Many thanks R.B.

Registrierter User

Standard

Hi Sonic, I am looking for a man who is looking for a job. I have a few questions. What is the distance between your swimmers? Is your drive on the center line or off to one side? Many thanks RB

Standard

Hallo Leute

Vielleicht ist ja jemand da der RunningBeer das mal auf Englisch schreiben kann
    Wenn ich das richtig gelesen habe möchte er den Abstand zwischen den Schwimmern wissen und ob die Schwimmer eine Seite mehr Abstand zum Rumpf haben wie auf der anderen Seite

Also....Abstand zwischen den Schwimmern ist bei mir 48 cm.....innen gemessen und nicht nach einer Seite hin versetzt
    Der Antrieb(Strut)sitzt bei mir mittig vom Rumpf

Gruß Berti
    Geändert von Sonic0207 (23.July.2017 um 10:25 Uhr)

Real Raceboater Avatar von MiSt

Standard

The distance between the swimmers was chosen to be 480mm, measured from one inside to the other. Neither the hull, nor the drive shaft is off the center line.
    Gruß Michael St*****

Beware the fisherman, who is casting out his line into a dried up river bed.
    Don't try to tell him, 'cos he won't believe you.
    Throw some bread to the ducks instead, it's easier that way
    (Tony Banks, Genesis)

Standard

Hallo Michael

Danke dir....mit Schulenglisch kommt man nicht weit.....auch schon zu lange her

Gruß Berti

Registrierter User

Standard

Thank you for your help Gentlemen. Your schoolglish is much better than my schooldeutchsprache! Has anyone got any pictures of their turnfin position? this would be of great help to me if you could be so kind. Danke BierLaufen.

Real Raceboater Avatar von MiSt

Standard

Well, pictures of turnfins of Dr Super Evils or comparable riggers should be available in the www ...

... but what does this help?

Position relative to COG, size, shape and angle of a turnfin define 80-90% of the rigger's abilities in corners. There is definitely no way except for testing, modifying and re-testing.

Therefore I recommend:
    • the mounting bracket of the turnfin shall be as rigid and as stiff as possible, because multiples of the weight of the rigger are fixed there against centrifugal force in the corners
    • prepare several mounting positions in longitudinal direction ±COG position (this defines the way the cornering starts - harder or smoother)
    • a facility to put some angle on the fin, either by bending it directly or underlying something
      • this helps to keep the inner sponson on water in the corner, but may degrade the straight running capabilty and even remove the ability to corner to the left
      • the perfect angle is given when the fin is bent to be almost vertical at maximum cornering speed, keeping the sponson well down - otherwise the pressure on the inner sponson is higher than useful, slowing down the boat
      • and the fin's material and fixture is rigid enough when this gives not much angle at no load condition (anything >5° should be reviewed due to the collateral damages mentioned)
    Gruß Michael St*****

Beware the fisherman, who is casting out his line into a dried up river bed.
    Don't try to tell him, 'cos he won't believe you.
    Throw some bread to the ducks instead, it's easier that way
    (Tony Banks, Genesis)

Standard

Hallo

Im Nachbarforum hatte ich eine Frage dazu gestellt "Turnfinn Dr.Super Evil".....da hat jemand Fotos dazu eingestellt....musst du mal schauen

Gruß Berti

Lesezeichen