Seite 1 von 4 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 69
    Einsteiger Avatar von Mathieu

Standard After the MPM105, here come the CT06 !!!

Hi all,

I will get a CT06 in the next few days and I would like to get advice regarding CoG placement.
    Does the 10/15% off the afterplane length rule apply to this Hull?

The setup will be:
    9S2P 5000 40C
    TP 5650 850Kv
    Schulze 40.160WK
    No real idea of the prop, will start with a k60 I guess.

Also, I've seen beautyfull turnfin on the market place on wd200 website but wondering where can I find one because it's not listed anymore.

Thanks

Mathieu

36000UPM da geht noch was Avatar von A.Wolff

Standard

Hi Mathieu

as far as i know my "old" "Spirit of Qatar" was the first ( and still the only ?) electric powered CT06 .

my setup was as follow

batteries : 10S2P 4500 40C ( one 10S Pack in each sponson)
    engine : Plettenberg 370/50 ( 810 kV)
    ESC : old Schulze 40/160
    prop : custom made 3-Blade with 55mm and a pitch around 1.5

to your questions.

the skidfin i used and that worked best was based on the design of the skidfin of the real boats, selfmade from an alluminium plate

here`s a picture :

most important is, that you mount the skidfin absolutly parallel to the inner line of the stringer on the bottom of the boat ( i hope you understand what i mean )

the vertical angle a little bit less than the outer side of the sponson

the CtG on my boat was nearly exactly at the rear end of the skidfin. so around 8 cm back of the sponson edge.

the 60K prop is a good begin for your setup to find balance and performance. if you want to stay with an 9S Setup , later you should look about some props between 57 and 60 mm with not more than 1.5 pitch. Higher pitch will resolve in problems with starting and accelerating and will high up the current and loads on your ESC, motor and batteries.

if you have any further question, let me know. Even the boat is sold for a long time now ( i switched to 1/6 Scale ), in my opinion i still have some knowledge about this boat, what you should change and what you should take care about.

here a little video of my CT06 from different views, and with onboard cameras.

regards, Joern

vimeo.com/32562830

Standard

Hello,

Thank you for your advices.

Alex, noted the prop I'm might get one from you after first tests.

Jörn-Oliver, thanks for yours tips. I still don't have received the hull (which was set for an IC motor so I have to convert her to electric but that's no big deal) but I get back to you if I have any questions regarding the hull / placement of parts.

Great video ! I known the other one with onboard cams but I missed that one.

A friend of mine have an electric CT06 but he's still trying to set her up. I'll add the link to the last video (short because of coupler failure...) as soon as she is online.

The link : http://youtu.be/6NcbK9LU3Mo

If you have any pics or videos of your 1/6, fell free to share !

Hope to give you some feedbacks by the end off the august.

Mathieu
    Geändert von Mathieu (14.July.2013 um 17:32 Uhr)

Standard

Hello,

Received the hull after a lot of troubles...

Removed the engine inside (K30 RCMK) and ordered a motor mount from MBP.

Will start to work on the tail fins and rudder hardware by the weekend.

Mathieu

Standard

Hello,

Working on the CT06 as much as my spare time permit.
    Decided to switch to 10S2P so I will have to prop down a little.

Will post pics of the actual state tonight.

Mathieu

Heizer Avatar von corsair_10

Standard

Hello Mathieu!
    I have started also a 1:8 Hydroplane project with my team mate. It is a MPM-107. But I'm still waiting for the hull. The engine will be a TFL5694/800 @10s. Prop I think a Propshop 5517/3, it is still in my collection. Don't worry the real size seemed more likely a 5515/3. Propshop is always a little big with there specifications. I think momentary about the right placement of motor, Batteries and so on, to get the right CoG. Also I think about Lipo 1p or 2p. If you have some pictures about your placements, it would be very friendly to get them into this forum.

best regards
    Joerg
    Wer später bremst ist länger schnell

Standard

Hello Joerg,

Nice to see pleople building 1:8 hydroplanes.

You can find pictures of my build here : http://s169.photobucket.com/user/Kil...Modelisme/CT06

This is a public album so you should access without problem. Let me know if this is not the case.

Regarding the prop, I will start with a x455/3 and work from that one.

Greets,

Mathieu

Standard

Hello Mathieu!
    Nice pictures on your side. It's a very interesting possibility to mount the strut. Mostly you see a mounted strut at the backside of the boat. This option is more scale. Do you have any problems here to seal the breakthrough in the bottom of the boat ? How do you made this ? What hardware did you use, is it this one here ? www.accu-techrchardware.com

best regards
    Joerg

Standard

Thanks Joerg.

The breakthrough was made by the man who sold the hull to me. The boat was supposed to be powered with a gas engine so the hull didn't need to be water tight at this time.

I still don't have made her maiden run, so I don't know if my solution will work : I'll use aluminium tape to seal the breakthrough. I may also make a strut holder like MTC sell but can't access the site to get the link.
    Anyway aluminium tape will be used for the maiden run, I hope to find another solution ASAP.

Mathieu

Standard

Hello Mathieu!
    Yes, the webside of MTC is down at the moment. I am also have no access to it. All my other models drive with MTC hardware and I think, I choose for my hydro also MTC. It's a good quality and you will get every time spare parts for your hardware. I'm still looking for a nice, scale turnfin, otherwise I take the Dremel and a piece of stainless steel and make it by myself.
    Do you use a additional cover between hull inside and main cover to hold it dry during driving ? I will show you some pictures and reports about the actual building status, when it is getting started.

best regards
    Joerg

Standard

I forgot : the hardware come from Speedmaster but I don't like the turn fin so I will get one from a guy in USA met on International Waters forum.

I also own MTC parts and quality is second to none. I got the hardware with the hull but if I had a bare hull, it would have been hardware from MTC.

I made a hatch out of plywood to close the opening in the hull. Maybe I'll mold one with fiberglass this winter.

Waiting for your pics ;-)

Mathieu
    Geändert von Mathieu (30.September.2013 um 18:48 Uhr)

Standard

Hi all,

I wonder where I can find a front flap for the CT06.
    I should be able to made one out of wood but I'd prefer a fiberglass or so one.

Greets,

Mathieu

Real Raceboater Avatar von MiSt

Standard

You might use a blade from a helicopter. There are symmetric ones (for acrobatic flying) or non-symmetric ones. If you are lucky, you may get fragments for free and start experimenting.
    Gruß Michael St*****

Beware the fisherman, who is casting out his line into a dried up river bed.
    Don't try to tell him, 'cos he won't believe you.
    Throw some bread to the ducks instead, it's easier that way
    (Tony Banks, Genesis)

Standard

Thank you for your reply. That's a great idea ! I'll see what I can find.

Greets,

Mathieu

Standard

Hey Mathieu !
    The hulls (MPM-107) for me and my friend has arrived yesterday. The quality seems to be very good. Now we are looking and planning for constructions, build in's and so on. Now we can look for detail solutions.
    So I come to my first 3 questions:
    1. Where did you have placed your strut ? Is it mounted under the hull (scale like) or is it mounted at the rearside of the hull, parallel to the rudder ?
    2. Where is the position of your Cog ? I heard something about approximately 5cm behind the frontly swimmers. Do you see it also ?
    3. What kind of turnfin and mounting solution you are using ?

thank you & regards
    Joerg

Standard

Hello Joerg,

That's a good news !

Regarding your questions :
    1 - the strut is placed under the hull like the scale1 hydroplanes. Not the easiest way to go but I like the way it looks. On the MPM105 the strut was behind the transom and it worked, but not looked scale. I ended making my own brackets out of a stainless metal sheet to be able to seal it properly.
    2 - regarding the CoG, at the moment I placed it at about 8cm behind the sponsons but I guess I have to move it forward some more. On the MPM105 the CoG was 5cm behind the sponsons and it the hull was prone to flip, so each hull is different.
    3 - for the turn fin mount I use the L bracket provided with the Speedmaster fin, but I ended changing the blade by one made by mini-meca RC. He made this blade with my own specs and looks like a scale1 one. The first one made for the MPM105 was 4mm thick, and the one for my CT06 is 3mm thick = less thickness means less drag but is still thick enougth to don't bend. I also have a blade made by a man met on InternationalWaters board but this one doesn't looks scale at all.

Mathieu
    Geändert von Mathieu (18.November.2013 um 15:54 Uhr)

Standard

Hey Mathieu !
    I had first contact to your dealer mini-meca rc. I ask him if he also delievers to germany, and he does. The Scale Turnfin looks very good, but I think you are right if you say 3mm are enough thickness. Sometimes you can see that the boats rises up at the turnfin and mostly it ends with a flipover. The speed is not so the important thing for me, my favourite concern is a good looking "drive picture" at a scale like speed (100-110 km/h).

regards Joerg

Standard

Hi Joerg,

Here are some shots of the turn fin and the strut mounts.

The strut mount is not very sexy but is very strong and waterproof, and that about all what I ask him.

Regards,

Mathieu

Standard

Hey Mathieu !
    Very nice and helpful pics. There are some nice solutions to see. I hope, that I find the time to send you some pics of our hulls this weekend, but in the moment they are still empty.

regards Joerg

Seite 1 von 4 1 2 3 4 LetzteLetzte

Lesezeichen