PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Lehner High Amp repair

djey62
17.March.2009, 22:52
Hi guys,

dos anyone know how to remove the rear endbell on a lehner Hi amp? (side where the 3 wires pass trough)

One wire is half broken and I want to check if I can repair it myself.
I already contacted Lehner for after sales service.

Thanks to you!

Regards,
Jérôme

KaiM
18.March.2009, 06:54
Remove the front motorplate, pull out the rotor, after that you can push out the rear end with the help of a peace of round wood or plastic.

The rear end is only pushed in the case.

But if the wire is broken i would sent it back to Lehner, because the wires are coming directly from the stator, so there is not a lot of room for soldering inside, and the risk of a short circuit is high.
If there is still a few mm coming out, you can cut it at the break, and solder a gold socket contact to it and you are done.

regards

Ausgeschiedener
18.March.2009, 07:59
Hello Jérôme,

I think I've to add something to Kai's answer. I don't think that the back plate can be easily pushed out with a piece of round wood and a decent hammer stroke.
The front endbell can be removed because it is threaded. As far as I know the motor casing has a an offset on the inner side at the back. The back endbell is then placed in this offset and the overlaying part at the back is then flanged inside, I assume they also add some high-strength glue.

So this flanging has to be removed, which I would not recommend to try at home. If possible send the motor to LMT, they will see what can be done.

But maybe this has changed, and Kai already removed the endbell of a high-amp motor, then forget what I told you :D

Best regards,
Manuel