PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : 2015 Legg Lake 5-Day Super SAW Event Wed Nov 11th Thru Sunday Nov 15th

racemechanix
4.February.2015, 18:47
*** An update, we are reducing the November SAW from 5 days to 3 days as the European racers will not be able to join us. We are considering making the March 2016 event a 5-day. ***

Following the success of last years 5 Day Event SAW We are planning a similar event for 2015. Please note the event is November 13th thru November 15th. Some sites have shut the incorrect dates. The Amigos are hosting a 3-day event at Legg Lake SAW in South El Monte Friday November 13th through Sunday November 15th. We are anticipating at International Gathering of a selection of the fastest radio control model boats. We encourage all to participate or just come out and watch some of the fastest model boats worldwide. Https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...8657a5d140fedf (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Legg+Lake,+California+91733/@34.0300719,-118.0602484,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2d0fe6ea6c6b7:0x78657a5d140fe df) We ask all contestants to pre-register with Mark Grim so we can get a head count particularly for food. Kim Grim will be serving up her 5 star BBQ several of the days and it's reason enough to come even if you do not run. The event is open to all legal NAMBA classes Nitro, Gas and Electric. NAMBA membership and proof of current standing is required so please bring your card. Single event coverage is available onsite. HOWEVER We recommend you to purchase annual membership ahead of the event. Pictures from last years event can be seen here: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?app=gallery&album=1728 Contact: Mark Grim 7372 Natal Drive, Westminster, CA 92683 714-615-9974 mgrim @ MindSpring. com (mgrim@mindspring.com) Due to its size and expected high speeds we are adding several specific rules to the event .. 1 All boats will go through a pre-tech to check for general rules compliance a. Hull classification b. NAMBA numbers, Appropriate lettering per class specifics c. Radio / electrical tidiness (ie solid connections, good mounting, no rats nests) d. Mechanicals (pushrods, mounts, etc) e. General Battery Tech for FE boats. 2 At the beginning of each day we will define a running order for all the contestants. A. The "on deck" and "in the back-up" will be called for each run. B. The CD may amend my conditions as Necessary. C. A driver may pass on a run, but must wait till the next turn to run. D. A driver may run multiple boats within the 5 minute window e. A driver may relaunch within the 5 minute window f. Drivers can not switch spots in line. G. It is suggested if you are helping a competitor and are a contestant you space yourself by several people in the running order .. 3 Contestants willhave 5 minutes from the time Their name is called to launch and run Their boat. A. FE boats Should be taped in advance b. Some leniency will be granted to drivers where the previous driver has skipped a turn. C. The CD has The Right to Amend as Necessary .. 4 Contestants must have a launcher / spotter. This may be different people, but a spotter is absolutely required for any pass. The host club will be happy to assist any contestant or appoint a local racer with Sufficient knowledge of the lake .. 5 No High Voltage Cells will be allowed at any time a. FE boats will be subject to a pre-tech Before They tape up . Individual cell Voltages can not under any circumstance exceed 4.23V / cell. A simple cell checker will be used. If any cell is at 4.23V, a Fluke DVM will be used as a secondary check to confirm. B. There will be random checks in the pits for excessive charging. Competitors must be willing to show the maximum voltage charge per cell in Their charger to An Inspector .. 6 Safe Charging and handling a lipo. Prewarming is allowed, but limited to 140F. B. Prewarming Must Be Performed in a safe manner no exceptions. C. Charging in Lipo bags or fireproof container is recommended. D. Lipos When unconnected willhave at minimum one lead covered by a cap or shield to prevent accidental shorting to the opposite lead .. 7 FE pre-tech: a. Prior to a run a FE competitor wants to request a pre-tech Before They tape up. B. An inspector will walk to the contestants pit area When They want CheckCell Voltages for compliance prior to a run. C. The inspector will have a pre-filled card for that boat to verify what it checked prior to a run. D. The card will be used again for the post tech .. 8 Following a Record Run a boat. A nitro or gas boat will be tagged by the CD. The contestant can continue to run, but may not teardown The motor or remove from the boat unless in the presence of an inspector appointed by the CD. B. An FE boat Must Be Placed near the timing table and untapped in the presence of an approved inspector. The inspector will verify pack voltage and electrical connection via Class Rules. The tech card will be filled out and approved .. 9 Priority Runs Towards the end of the event. A. Starting Saturday afternoon we will initiate a Priority List for running For Those close to Their respectivement records to take advantage of prime water. B. Previous runs during the event will qualify a contestant for the "shortlist" c. We will use a 5% rule for proximity; However the CD may alter as Necessary. We reserve the right to amend thesis rules so check back prior to the event.

racemechanix
24.March.2015, 01:05
The official results from this weekends SAW's at Legg Lake:

Martin Truex Jr. A hydro 110.91mph
Darin Jordan P-Ltd Tunnel 65.82mph
Brian Buaas 1/10 Scale Modern 68.09mph
Brian Buaas 1/10 Scale Vintage 63.22mph
Tyler Garrard Q hydro 129.64mph

Mark Grim also set a GX-2 Sport hydro record, but I did not get the speed from the form.

There are some pictures on OSE here: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?51010-NAMBA-SAW-March-20-21-22&p=619797#post619797
and here; http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?albumid=1305
See you guys in November.

Tyler

GunnarH
24.March.2015, 19:01
Congratulations to the record setters!
Really good speed for all of these classes!

Regards
Gunnar

racemechanix
29.March.2015, 09:52
Thanks Gunnar,

A recent video of the Q hydro increasing the 6 cell rigger record from 196Km/h to 207Km/h. This was set at Legg Lake March 22nd.

I had a fast pass of 131.3mph or 211Km/h, but the cable was dry on the second pass and slowed down significantly. Wind and ducks prevented a second chance to increase the 6 cell record over 211Km/h average speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfVAvLsOJo

Jo-nny
29.March.2015, 13:32
Very nice passes Tyler, respect!!!
It won't be long now and your Boat reach 131.3mph. Just keep trying ;)

It is regrettable that i cannot ride Q-Hydro, too. My 6S-Ridder is to long to meet the namba-rules.

Greetz,
Johannes

racemechanix
29.March.2015, 23:52
Thanks Johannes,

There is a rule which does allow you to run 6S boats in the 10S class in NAMBA, but this means to attempt a record you have to shoot for the 142.94mph number. How far are you over the 40inch limit?

BR,

Tyler

Jo-nny
30.March.2015, 21:29
Hey Tyler,

the Rigger is about 1090mm (42.9inch) overall. :doh:
The next Riggers will be NAMBA-compliant. I never thougt the boat will be so fast...

Regards
Johannes

racemechanix
2.April.2015, 14:24
Hi Johannes,
Our length limits in NAMBA are always a hot topic when comparing to other organizations. It would still be legal to run in the 10 cells class even though it is 6S. Or you can always add another 2S and run in S hydro.

BR,

Tyler

racemechanix
7.August.2015, 23:36
An update, we are reducing the November SAW from 5-days to 3-days as the European racers will not be able to join us.
We are considering making the March 2016 event a 5-day.

racemechanix
17.November.2015, 03:20
Electric results from the event:

Darin Jordan M2 81.522mph 1 cell hydro! Fast pass of 87MPH on a different run
Brian Buass 120.28MPH P hydro. Fast pass of 132 but could not back it up.
Fast pass of the weekend was 135MPH in T-Hydro
Some pics and video on OSE: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?53516-NAMBA-SAW-Results-11-13-11-14-11-15-New-Records&p=648259#post648259

Tyler

Mark
17.November.2015, 18:00
Für die die nicht suchen wollen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FeTkhboAW4

1 cell hydro, 131,2km/h im Durchschnitt

Unterscheidet sich das M-2 Hydro regelwert von "unserem" L-1 Outrigger von den vorgaben her?

GunnarH
17.November.2015, 18:46
Hello Tyler,
Thank You for keeping us updated!
And congratulations to the record setters!

Regards
Gunnar

Für die die nicht suchen wollen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FeTkhboAW4

1 cell hydro, 131,2km/h im Durchschnitt

Unterscheidet sich das M-2 Hydro regelwert von "unserem" L-1 Outrigger von den vorgaben her?
Ja, siehe www.namba.com ->Resources -> Rulebook
Es gibt ein Längenlimit von 27", und grundsätzlich sind 2P erlaubt.
Wobei die Belastbarkeit der Regler den Vorteil von 2P in der Praxis stark begrenzt weshalb die Meisten nur 1P fahren,.

Gruß
Gunnar

Darin Jordan
17.November.2015, 23:46
My M2-Hydro Setup is only 1P. A single 5000 mah cell. Hull is a custom design and build by me, mostly carbon fiber. Hull is about 23" overall length. Weight RTR is 2lbs 2oz.

First run to break our 71.6 mph record was an 87mph followed by a rather lame 75, for an 80.026 average. That was with a 5000mah SLS V2 Magnum cell that Tyler gave me that came from one of Ralf Mosler's 100 mph Mono packs.

On Saturday, I ran the same setup using some different ESC programming and a Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000 mah cell for an 82/81 set of passes, averaging the 81.52 record.

From that point on, I was consistently in the upper 70s to low 80s, but couldn't quite eclipse that record set of passes.

On Sunday I switched to a different motor from Neu and the best I could get given the shortened run time (lots of wind after 11am) was 78/77.

Darin Jordan
17.November.2015, 23:51
Here are a couple of pictures of my "Crazed Cricket" 1-Cell Hydro....

Darin Jordan
17.November.2015, 23:56
My intent with my 1-cell Hydro Setup was to match the European rules. I could max it out with 10000 mah, etc, but I wanted it to conform to International standards. Seems more legit that way. ;-)

cohesive
18.November.2015, 04:04
Hi Darin, What are the European rules that must be adhere to?

Hugh

Darin Jordan
18.November.2015, 04:12
I believe that the Munich SAW, for example, limits L1 to no more than 1-Cell and 125g weight? Basically 1P 5000mah per cell. That's what I was sticking too. The Turnigy pack may have been 130g, so very close.

Darin Jordan
18.November.2015, 04:14
And we don't HAVE to adhere to any rules but our NAMBA rules, which would allow up to 10000 mah. Could be faster, but I was trying to stay in the spirit of the Munich SAW. More fun to compare performance that way.

cohesive
18.November.2015, 14:02
Thanks for that,

If I may ask what kv's are you running for 1 cell competition and what kinds of amp draws and prop diameters are typical in 1s SAW?

Ch.Lucas
18.November.2015, 16:57
Hello Darin ,
thanks for sharing your setup and for the pic s . Incredibly how fast such 1 cell baby is . Hope that Michael Salfner will step in the competition next year .

GunnarH
18.November.2015, 18:29
I believe that the Munich SAW, for example, limits L1 to no more than 1-Cell and 125g weight? Basically 1P 5000mah per cell. That's what I was sticking too. The Turnigy pack may have been 130g, so very close.
Hello Darin,
Congratulations to your record!
And thank You for sharing the information about your boat.
Actually our rules allow baateries up to 136g for the cell (without leads and plugs), so the Turnigy Heavy duty are allowed.
Actually Arne also ran them in the 6 cell outrigger.
The major differences in the rules are we have no length limit, and the allowed cell count is the same no matter if used in series or parallel (e.g. in L10 either 10S1P or 5S2P can be used), so for 1 cell only 1p is allowed.
But a 1S2P boat could be run in L2.

Regards
Gunnar

Darin Jordan
19.November.2015, 15:53
I've just updated the SAW thread on OSE.com with some pictures from this weekends events:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?53516-NAMBA-SAW-Results-11-13-11-14-11-15-New-Records

cohesive
19.November.2015, 18:30
Congratulations.

Mark
6.April.2016, 08:03
Hi Tyler (oder wer sich sonst angesprochen fühlt...),

can you tell us when and where the US (electric) SAWs will take place this year?

Thank you

racemechanix
6.April.2016, 16:32
There are several events scheduled.

Huntsville, Alabama: July 22-24th
Flint, Michigan: Oct 1 and 2
Portersville, Pennsylvania: Oct 3rd-7th
Legg Lake, South El Monte (Los Angeles), California: Nov 11th-13th

There are several more, I will find out when.

Mark
31.August.2016, 07:57
Hi Tyler,

are these dates still up-to-date?

Huntsville, Alabama: July 22-24th
Flint, Michigan: Oct 1 and 2
Portersville, Pennsylvania: Oct 3rd-7th
Legg Lake, South El Monte (Los Angeles), California: Nov 11th-13th

racemechanix
31.August.2016, 13:57
I just checked and updated:

Flint, MI Oct 1-2nd with a backup date of October 8-9th