PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Shultz 40.161WK in HPR/Radek 233 QUESTION Sorry( English)

Xcesive8
18.September.2012, 11:21
Hi,

I have learnt from past mistakes with my HPR135 where salt water got into boat after hatch locators broke in a huge blow over and Schultz 40.160wk's were damaged and no longer work.

I have recieved my HPR/Radek 233
Neu 2230 1y 725kv
New Schultz 40.161WK with extra capacitors fitted
going to be running 12s 2p
And probably Octura X465??

So for the new build i have made boxes for esc to be mounted in water tight.
All wires and water lines will go through and be sealed.
My question is this>

I have been reading on this great forum that the new 40.161wk dont run as cool as the older version. So to help aid this problem, if i fit small fans to blow air onto controller, will being sealed in the box serve any purpose? Or because its sealed will it not work as it cant get cool air?

Anything anyone can recommend for this setup?
BIg BIG thank you
Ryan

Please excuse the mock up motors lol:cool:

Achim
18.September.2012, 11:28
Hi Ryan,

no way with the Schulze 40.161 WK. They will overheat with your setup.
I recommend to use the Schulze 40.334 which we have tested in the HPR233. This controller works with with the Neu-Motors and the 12S2P configuration of your batteries.

rgds,
Achim

Xcesive8
18.September.2012, 11:37
Hi Achim,

Thankyou for your reply..
wow im really shocked they wouldnt work?
Ive seen so many german builds with the 233 where they use the 40.160?

Im going to have to cancel my order with icare.
I cant really afford the bigger Controller.
Any others you reccomend?
Radek is using these cheap firecat 300's and his boats are fine.
I just thought using the better quality and under rated 40.161 schultz id be ok?

Pic included >

Xcesive8
18.September.2012, 11:39
http://www.hpr-powerboats.com/gallery/hpr-233-gallery/

Ralf Moser
18.September.2012, 12:28
You can consider the 40.303-334 as the replacement for the old 40.160

I would not recommend fightercats. Looks like they have some trouble within their "management".

Jörn-Oliver
18.September.2012, 14:11
the "good" Schulze 40/160WK where the old ones with the old layout. sadly they are not produced anymore.
these are the ESC`s you have seen in the setup lists..

the 40/161 aren`t bad ESC`s but not so powerfull as the old ones... used "old" 160`s are hard to find, and if you find some for sale, they have a very high price, cause they are rare and good..

i even would recommend the 303 or higher, for such a big boat are not much alternativ ESC`s on the market.. maybe the big JETI SPIN 300, but they are not watercooled as you need it in your boat.

MiSt
18.September.2012, 14:27
I have no opinion about this particular setup, this is not the range I am familiar with or even interested in ...

... but instead of putting an ESC into a watertight chamber with six (!) potential watertightness problems around the cable inserts, it is much easier to coat the ESC with epoxy. See an attached example, which works since years - if necessary, completely submerged.

roundnose
18.September.2012, 15:40
..... maybe the big JETI SPIN 300, but they are not watercooled as you need it in your boat.

Jörn, watercooled is available at H&M (http://www.hydromarine.de/)!

LG Werner

Tobbi
18.September.2012, 16:21
I would prefer a watertightness that could be removed if nesessary.
Like Rubberpaint.

GunnarH
18.September.2012, 17:46
I just thought using the better quality and under rated 40.161 schultz id be ok?

Pic included >
You have to consider the old 40.160 have cost about 600Euro, so related to this you still get a comparable price/power ratio with a 40.161, 32.202, 40.304 and 40.334.
On top you get additional functions with the new ESC's (LiPo Saver, data logger, more configuration options).
Unfotunately the 40.161 are too small for your boat.

Regards
Gunnar

Xcesive8
18.September.2012, 22:31
Hi everyone,

Firstly thank you for all your help!
I appreciate all your ideas and telling me what will work and what won't.

The box's in the boat are already glassed in , so they will stay!
They provide rigitity for the boat being glasses from the tunnel to the sides, also contain a small fire if the esc goes up.
I prodominately run in salt water, so even though it will have hatch screws everywhere, this is a back up.
As for sealing the box, I do it with all my gas boats radio box's , it's not very hard.

Ok well I will go back to the drawing board and figure my options.
I cancelled the order from icare for the 40.161's.
The ones in my pictures are my old esc, there broken..

Thanks again for all your help, I dodged a bullet here bcos of your help!
Danke!!

Xcesive8
27.September.2012, 07:27
Hi,

So i ended up going the 40.334 WK's.

Can anyone with experiance or friends with a similar setup reccomend some props?
Octura X465? Standard or cut down?
ABC ?
Prop Shop ?
3 blade?
2 Blade?

I want to order some asap..
Ryan

Achim
28.September.2012, 17:21
Hi,

So i ended up going the 40.334 WK's.

Can anyone with experiance or friends with a similar setup reccomend some props?
Octura X465? Standard or cut down?
ABC ?
Prop Shop ?
3 blade?
2 Blade?

I want to order some asap..
Ryan

You got a personal message regarding the props.

rgds
Achim