PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : R617FS 2.4GHz receiver.

Van Aelst Jozef
21.August.2011, 21:03
Hello guys. Good evening.

Have a question. Please is the Futaba FASST R617FS receiver spash or waterproof?.

If not, can I use Plastic P70 spray from CRC?
Can I handle the receiver with epoxy resin ( casting in a mold)? Or will this give problems with heat disipation?

How can I prolonge the little coax antennas.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards.

Jef.

MiSt
22.August.2011, 10:29
Spare antennas of considerable length are sold as a pair by robbe.

I did coat all my ESCs with epoxy, but I would never dare to coat a 2,4GHz receiver (I did not even do for the 40MHz ones). The PCB material itself is an inherent component of high frequency 2,4GHz circuitry, you will modify (worsen, corrupt) this extremely with any additional coating. I remember a 2,4GHz receiver (brand??) being factory-coated, so they already considered this or it works despite my objections (for me, the RXs are too expensive to give it a try).

Protecting of the signal processing area would not do any harm like for ESCs, but makes little sense over all.

Experience tells that 2,4Ghz receivers survive getting wet unless they are killed by an BEC out of control, for example ...

Van Aelst Jozef
22.August.2011, 14:54
Michael, thanks.

Bye

Jef.

seewolf-49
22.August.2011, 23:03
Hello

I had good succes with "Wet Protect".
At least at the Robbe receivers it works.*pleased*

Wolfgang

GunnarH
25.August.2011, 16:42
Experience tells that 2,4Ghz receivers survive getting wet unless they are killed by an BEC out of control, for example ...
I can confirm at least for the R603, water usually doesn't damage them.
The only of my receivers wich died after not even 6 Months never saw a drop of water (Robbe found a damage by water anyway and made a ridicoulous offer to buy a new one), other drowned a few times still work fine after more than 3 years.
Best Regards
Gunnar
P.S. Part number for the 40cm Antennas is 1-F0959400 , costs about 15Euro for a set of 2 antennas.

Van Aelst Jozef
25.August.2011, 21:05
Thanks Gunnar.

Jef.