PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Mono Fire water??? Where???

Van Aelst Jozef
15.March.2011, 19:13
Hello guys.
I am searching for a mono from +/- 1 meter. Boat must be good also for choppy (raugh wasser) water and taking curves should be possible by full (or almost) full speed.
Runtime should be minimum7-8 minutes. Speed : 80km/h or more and 8 to 10s2p lipo's
It is the intension to run togethet with the gas mono's (26cc Zenoah's).

In the past , Bk had the Fire water. Is there anybody who knows were I could find this hull? Is it a deepvee? Stepped or no-step?

What other boats should you advice?
Have thought on RC racemaster, but I am not sure that she can handle rough water?
Perhaps wavefigther from MHZ, has anybody experience with this hull. ?

Please feel free to answer in your own language.

Thanks and happy boating.

Jef.

Jan-Nicolas
15.March.2011, 19:26
Hi Jef,

the Firewater has an enormous step - no doubt. I donīt expect it to run full-power-curves though. The only Firewater we had here, had some really extreme amendments - such as big CFK-rails on each side of the hull. (Sorry - no pictures on my computer). Perhaps you can ask DocDG for pictures - he was the owner of the hull but sold it shortly after the run i participated.
I never saw one running really nicely and without any "tuning" of the hull, perhaps other folks have experiences to share.
Due to the fact that this hull is kind of "discontinued" ... how about this ? :
http://www.rc-raceboats.de/forum/showthread.php?18360-MHz-Chaparral-Twin-22-2-Volt-LBP4082-2Y

regards, JN

Van Aelst Jozef
15.March.2011, 20:17
JN, thanks for answer.
I personnally feel that the chapparal is too big for me.
Believe she is 1.3 meter. I am sure, on the pond there is no hull to big.
However, since I had surgery on my back for 3 times, I am lucky to walk again. So, easy handling and not too heavy are very important issues for me.

I have now the Tsunami (Orca): she is 80cm and is an FSR hull. Very stable, runs on rough water and turns are no problem.
However these advantages costs you a lot of current. Can drive for 4-4.5 minutes on 6s 5000mAh lipo. Seems that stability has his price. She runs rather wet.

No step 4 from H&M (92cm) has the good dimensions, but I think she runs the same as the Tsunami (too wet). No solution.

Also drive the Triton (80 cm).Good on rough water, but too small. Current consumption is acceptable.

Lizard extreme is also too small and is too nervous on the water.

Should appreciate your point of view.

Thanks .
Jef.

Jan-Nicolas
15.March.2011, 20:39
Phew ... "running easily and with low current" and "running securely in rough water" will be hard to find in one hull. DeepVees consume more power - thatīs the game.
Your Tsunami(Orca) runs only 4 minutes on a 5000mAh LiPo ? ... ok, frankly ... we ran this boat at high 70īs for more than 4 minutes on heavy 2400 Sanyo-NiCds ! ... years ago. I would propose that you find the reason for running the hull this wet and inefficient - i am sure that it is possible to run it for more than 8 minutes with a light Lipo that has at least twice the capacity as the ancient NiCd-technique.

Actually i do not have an idea what hull could do the job you expect - especially if itīs less than 1 meter .... sorry for that.

JN

Van Aelst Jozef
15.March.2011, 21:31
JN, the tsunami was a SAW version. In full carbon ( without lipo's) the weight is 3kg.
Motor is a Feigao 580L version . Floodchamber is mounted , but - unfortunately - 350 gr lead was required before the chamber works well. However this is a blessing on rough water with the Gas mono's.

Jef.

Schnute
17.March.2011, 17:08
Hi Jeff,

look here: www.powerboat-manufaktur (http://www.powerboat-manufaktur)

The "Devil" is the right thing for you.

The Firm has the original EPV-Forms, Dieter Wagner,
they made very good , quality, hulls.

regards stefan

Van Aelst Jozef
17.March.2011, 21:05
Stefan, thanks.
Isn't this a mono hull used for Gas (230 PUM 22cc zenoah) used in the years 2003-2005.
Believe that André Abtmeyer has also used this hull but on Gas.
Length is OK. Width is not mentioned on the WEB site.
I will ask more info via an e-mail.
Have you or your friend experience with this hull. If so , please give your used set up and results.

Thanks.
Regards.
Jef.

Schnute
17.March.2011, 21:55
Hi Jef,

yes myself and my friends have experience with this hull.
i had a single-motor setup with plettenberg 300/30/A2s and 8s lipos, my friends have two-motor setups with scorpion 4025/1100 an 2x6s lipos. The speed was between 80 an 95 km/h. All experience are well, so i can say, it is a great hull for electro setups. The quality is very well and the price absolutly ok.

regards Stefan

Van Aelst Jozef
17.March.2011, 22:20
Stefan, thanks. Please what prop did you use and how long was your runtime on 8s lipo pack? What lipo capacity did you use? Was your hull in GFK CFK or "Kohle aramid gewebe"?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards.
Jef.

Schnute
18.March.2011, 07:22
With 8cells 4000 Kokam 1s, the speed was 83, the running-time was between 4 and 6 minutes, the capacity between ca. 2.000 and 3.000 mah. The Prop was a prather 240 steel, cupped on 51mm. The hull was a normally glas, but it is very hard, strong and stabil laminated by the manufakturer. You must have trimm flabs and the accus in the front of hull.

regards Stefan