PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Help for my cat!

aleclio
10.June.2008, 16:06
Hi !!

I'm Alessio from ITALY!

I hope you can hel me...

I have one cat (pittbuger by PiP)

this cat is long 90cm
large 22cm
and this is my set-up now:
Motor: HAKER B50 XL14
ESC: Haker Master navy 77 ( ..to 30cells)
Prop: Octura X447
number of cells: 24 or 26 (EP4600mah)

Now I want to "pimp my cat!" to have more power then more speed!!for run up to 100km/h

I have just serch one Esc for up 100amp end to 28cells..

But now i search one motor...(used i mean...it's very expensive for new)
I see other people have this cat use LEHNER 2230/16...but i dont know if is is better for my kat..

but now i would want your council for choose the motor!..

The difference between Haker motor end Lehner it's very big?

Many thanks!
ALessio

CIAO CIAO!!!
:thx:

Felix
11.June.2008, 00:04
Ciao Alessio,

some general comments:
I think there is noone in this Forum running a boat more than 100km/h with a Hacker motor. I am not saying Hacker produces bad motors, but forget them for the use in boats. Basta.

You should look for a motor, which can put through a higher power, means the maximum Amps load (and here your Hacker performs relative poor, just 35A continuesly, 55A for 15secs.). Thats not enough.

For the "side"-considerations when looking for a new motor: You need to try to reach a turning speed of minimum 30.000 RPM. Then, reaching this speed, you need to use a metal propeller, maybe... Of course, cells need to be pushed and matched.. mandatory to put them "warm" in the boat.

I would consider a Lehner motor, maybe the 2240/9 or 10. The 2230 is just the "light" shorter verion.. better take the 2240. This is just a idea, I never ran this Bitburger cat.

There is one thread running, dealing with the difficulties this Bitburger has in getting it fast... there you find the idea for a brushed drive, which has breaken the 100km/h: Pletti 355/30/5 with 24 cells with a 57 Graupner K Prop.
Thread is this one: http://www.rc-raceboats-world.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1242&highlight=bitburger

The brushed verison is not a bad idea... since you can easily burn a brushless Esc by your attemps reaching 100+...

In general, I would recommend not to start with such an ambitious goal, if you are not experienced with the hardware.... it will become a very expensive lesson.

Ciao ciao, .... bona fortuna per la prossima volta....(calcio) :D
Felix

aleclio
11.June.2008, 09:12
Ciao Alessio,

some general comments:
I think there is noone in this Forum running a boat more than 100km/h with a Hacker motor. I am not saying Hacker produces bad motors, but forget them for the use in boats. Basta.

You should look for a motor, which can put through a higher power, means the maximum Amps load (and here your Hacker performs relative poor, just 35A continuesly, 55A for 15secs.). Thats not enough.

For the "side"-considerations when looking for a new motor: You need to try to reach a turning speed of minimum 30.000 RPM. Then, reaching this speed, you need to use a metal propeller, maybe... Of course, cells need to be pushed and matched.. mandatory to put them "warm" in the boat.

I would consider a Lehner motor, maybe the 2240/9 or 10. The 2230 is just the "light" shorter verion.. better take the 2240. This is just a idea, I never ran this Bitburger cat.

There is one thread running, dealing with the difficulties this Bitburger has in getting it fast... there you find the idea for a brushed drive, which has breaken the 100km/h: Pletti 355/30/5 with 24 cells with a 57 Graupner K Prop.
Thread is this one: http://www.rc-raceboats-world.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1242&highlight=bitburger

The brushed verison is not a bad idea... since you can easily burn a brushless Esc by your attemps reaching 100+...

In general, I would recommend not to start with such an ambitious goal, if you are not experienced with the hardware.... it will become a very expensive lesson.

Ciao ciao, .... bona fortuna per la prossima volta....(calcio) :D
Felix

THANKS FELIX!

mmm... use brushed motor it's better of Brushless Lehner...?
mm... i don't know..

For Brushed, i have just one ESC ( Hydro & Marine 150AMp to 32 cells)...

But i dont' know whic is the best solution..

i attend other reply!

HELP ME!:thx:

Roland13
12.June.2008, 13:53
Hi
I fully agree with Felix; you should start with the 355 Plettenberg motor; can easily combined with your ESC from Hydro & Marine.
And brushed engines are a lot cheaper now compared to some years ago.
I also changed back from Chinese brushless to the good old Pettenbergs.
Best regards
Roland